Tuesday, October 19, 2010


On Saturday the 16th of October Kaipara Flats School had their annual Show Day!
In the morning I got up early and gave my beautiful calf (William) a wash. I gave him a brush and cleaned his hooves. We put him and Monty's lamb on the trailer and went down to the school. Around 10.30 lots of people were starting to come. I got my stall ready . Our stall was one of the popular stalls. We made $119.20. My dad and his friend (Rat) were on the quick fire raffles.
When it was my break from my stall, I played Squash the Square and the Winning wheel. I won a mini chocolate bar, yellow toy capsicum, velvet pencil and a shiny pencil. Also I bought 2 bags of candy floss, 2 bags of popcorn, 1 bag of sherbet, grape drink and a bag of lollies.
Near the end of the day Mr Lockie announced the winners for the calves and the lambs. I was very proud of William and myself because I won a yellow ribbon for rearing and a blue ribbon for grooming.
It was a great day and its my favourite event of the year. I felt sun burnt and tired but that was okay.
Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment